We’ve probably put this off longer than reasonable, but it’s time to get some help in the shop. Read the below information and see if this might be a good fit for you or someone you know. We are seeking a very specific combination of skills, availability, and abilities and I know that there are many who might be great for this position but we can only hire one or two people at this time. Read on….
Shop clerk wanted:
Cheerful, friendly, person to work in a creative atmosphere offering exceptional customer service. Sew Simple of Lynchburg seeks a team player to help inspire, encourage, educate, and equip people who sew, quilt, embroider, and craft. A retail sales position, the successful candidate will greet and assist customers in person or on the phone, helping the customer make the right purchase or choose the right services for their needs. Additional duties include, but are not limited to: cleaning, stocking, and preparing projects. Advanced knowledge of sewing and sewing machines not necessary, but a willingness to learn with training to reach a certain level of competency is required. Actual sewing is not necessarily part of this position. Pay is dependent upon skill level and hours worked. Advancement within the business is possible depending on skills and ability to provide excellent customer service while aiding the company’s success. This is a drug and smoke-free location.
The right candidate will:
• be cheerful and professional in conduct and appearance, with the ability to talk to a wide range of people with a varied range of needs and questions, providing excellent customer service with enthusiasm whether the customer is in the store or on the phone.
• Stand for long periods of time and be able to lift 20 pounds regularly and up to 40 pounds occasionally.
• Perform various cleaning tasks including bathroom and vacuuming.
• Be able to work from 12-6pm most weekdays, 1-2 of those days from 9:30 until 6pm, and 2 Saturdays per month. Occasional special events will be held with mandatory attendance. Advanced notice will be given. Average hours likely per week: 28-30.
• Accurately take phone messages and field questions for the owners, discerning which they are competent to answer on their own.
• Measure and cut fabric accurately and safely. Be able to accurately process sales on cash register or other equipment. A math test will be given prior to employment.
• Possess the ability to keep a tidy work environment, problem solve, focus on the needs of the customer, and work relatively independently.
• Follow written and verbal instructions for shop operations.
• Have reliable transportation.
Apply in person at Sew Simple of Lynchburg, 2414 Wards Rd Lynchburg between the hours of 11am and 2pm only. No phone calls please. Resumes appreciated. Resumes, cover letter and questions can also be sent via email: email@example.com